How to Apply for Articulated Credit

  1. Go to the Schools and Agreements page.
  2. Find your high school and click on your program of study.
  3. Click on the name of the college to see the agreement.
  4. If there is a form, print it and follow directions. If there isn’t a form, find the college logo at the bottom of the page and print the form from there.
  5. When in doubt, ask your high school teacher or counselor for help.

Some things to consider:

  • You need to be accepted for admission at the college before you can receive articulated credit.
  • Make sure you look at your high school, high schools might have different agreements for the same college and program of study.
  • You may be required to obtain your CTE instructor’s signature on your articulation application.
  • Articulated credit may not transfer to another institution. Always check transferability of credit with your college.

Frequently Asked Questions

Articulation is a process which enables students to make a smooth transition from high school to college without duplication of courses or loss of semester credits with the student receiving credit for high school and career center courses to apply solely towards a certificate or associates degree.

College and high school faculty meet and review the high school curriculum and compare it to entry level courses at colleges in the CTE program. The number of credits awarded is based on how well the curriculum matches.

Requirements will vary depending on your program and what college you are attending. Most agreements state that a student must receive a “B” in the high school course, have your high school teacher’s signature on the articulation application and complete a competency exam if required.

Yes, CTE programs at the beginning levels are very specific to task, for example, when you learn the basics in a CTE program the techniques do not change between high school and college levels. Here are some examples:

  • Welders learn to “lay a bead” and “strike an arc”
  • Automotive Techs learn to perform maintenance on an engine
  • Basic Marketing concepts
  • Accounting debits and credits

Each college has different requirements. Typically, you have one year from your high school graduation date to apply for the articulated credit.

All agreements can be found on the Schools and Agreements page of this website. Click on your program of study to see the agreements.